TL;DR Video now avaiblable here: https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2021/en/programm/beitrag/116.
On March 13th and 14th the Chemnitz Linux Days (CLT) did take place as a virtual conference. On Saturdyay I was able to give a insight how we at Mercedes-Benz Research&Development manage Linux Desktops for the developers in a modern way. (Infrastructure-as-Code, DevOps, GitOps, CI/CD).
The topics I talked about:
- Challenges in a big Windows Centric Network
- Requirements of developers we need to address
- Journey from Old-IT to “New-IT”
- how we mangaged the systems in the past
- how we evolved by using the DevOps approach
- Status how it is today
- Why Saltstack and not Ansible / Puppet
- What is planned next?
As there where some problems with the streaming infrastructure on the first day, it took some time until the video recordings were published. But they are finally there. You can view my talk here.
About Chemnitzer Linux Tage (CLT)
The CLT conference is (besides FrOSCon) one of the most relevant Linux and Open Source Conferences in Germany. It ussually happens during March in Chemnitz, DE but was moved to a virtual conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic.